I began making a bucket list before they had that name. Mine started when I was around 10 and was titled “Stuff I want to Do.” Some things are long gone and long forgotten, but here’s where I am, right now:
- Own a home.
- Carnival in Trinidad.
- Learn to surf.
Visit Africa.(Been to Senegal, twice. Will do, again.)
- Road-trip across the USA.
- Speak French and Portuguese well.
Meet Maya Angelou.
- Regular, sustained yoga practice.
- Dr. Turman, Phd. (In progress.)
- Learn to scuba.
- Write THE novel.
Make a film.(Time to re-up.)
- Relax on the Mayan Riviera.
- Read everything by Toni Morrison.
- Go to all of the bars, restaurants and coffee houses on The NY Times Scoop App.
- April in Paris.
- Record an album, yes, album.
Become a devotee of MAC’s Ruby Woo.
- Something involving a Philharmonic.
Be a mom to an awesome person.
- Conquer my fears.
- Smoke a Cuban in Cuba.
- Launch 1000 ships.
Rock it, don’t stop. Survive a near-death experience. Remember the time. Pose for nudes.
- Spontaneous international travel.
Catch beads at Mardi Gras.
Be someone’s muse…